Is your heart set on buying a new crossover? Well, then, you’re probably researching both the 2015 Honda CR-V and 2015 Ford Escape, two of your most popular crossover choices. At Benson Honda, we’re big CR-V fans for a number of reasons. If you’re wondering how the new CR-V outplays the 2015 Escape, here are seven CR-V advantages you should know about:
- The CR-V goes above and beyond in the name of safety. Specifically, the new Honda offers an available collision mitigation braking system as well as an available lane departure warning system, which are not offered by the Escape. Plus, the new CR-V is an IIHS Top Safety Pick Plus. The Escape wasn’t recognized by the IIHS.
- According to Car and Driver speed tests, the 2015 CR-V accelerates faster to 60 and 100 mph than the 2015 Escape.
- Standard continuously variable transmission (CVT) distinguishes the CR-V as a preferable option if drivers are interested in conserving fuel and putting less strain on their car’s engine. The Escape doesn’t offer CVT.
- The new CR-V has 6 extra cubic feet of room for passengers, which makes a pretty big difference in terms of comfort.
- In terms of cargo, the CR-V offers more space and convenience. It comes with a total of 70.9 cubic feet of space, in comparison to the Escape’s 68.1 cubic feet of space.
- Ergonomically speaking, the CR-V is a champ. Its one-touch power windows, standard locking fuel door, and adaptive cruise control all give it an edge on the road in comparison to the 2015 Escape.
- The 2015 CR-V has been recognized by a number of top publications like Consumer Reports and Motor Trend. The Escape hasn’t.
Itching to hop in the front seat of a 2015 Honda CR-V? Come take a test drive at Benson Honda!