Standout Features: 2014 Pilot
- The new Pilot boasts important safety attributes like active head restraints to prevent whiplash injury, daytime running lights, and an airbag system that can selectively deploy airbags based on passenger weight. The new Pathfinder lacks all of these safety features.
- The Pilot’s V6 engine is exceptionally powerful and strong: producing 253 horsepower and 253 lbs.-ft. of torque. The Pathfinder’s engine offers less presence on the road, producing only 243 horsepower and 240 lbs.-ft. of torque.
- The 2014 Honda SUV offers an engine control system, which allows the vehicle’s engine to automatically shut down half of its cylinders when the vehicle reaches cruising speeds.
- With a fuel tank that’s 1.5 gallons larger than the Pathfinder’s fuel tank, the Pilot typically allows for a longer range between trips to the gas station.
- Seating for 8 passengers in the Pilot offers more convenience than the seating options for 7 passengers in the Pathfinder.
- Bluetooth connectivity is standard in all Pilot models. Bluetooth is not available in all Pathfinder models.
- With computer-generated active noise cancellation, the Pilot is better able to drown out outside noise and engine noise, which allows for a more pleasant ride. The Pathfinder doesn’t come with active noise cancellation.
Standout Features: 2014 Pathfinder
- The 2014 Pathfinder’s wheelbase is 5 inches longer than the 2014 Pilot’s, which allows for slightly better handling in some situations.
- With a towing capacity of 5000 pounds in comparison to the Pilot’s 2000 pounds, the Pathfinder allows for some additional flexibility when it comes to towing large loads.
- The new Pathfinder offers continuously variable transmission (CVT), as opposed to the Pilot’s 5-speed automatic transmission. Some drivers prefer CVT.
- To allow for some extra convenience, the new Nissan SUV offers a remote vehicle starting system, which means Pathfinder owners can start up their cars’ engines from inside their homes. The Pilot doesn’t come with this ergonomic extra.
At Benson Honda, we think the 2014 Pilot goes above and beyond in comparison to competitors like the 2014 Pathfinder. We invite you to see some of the Pilot’s advantages firsthand at our dealership and hope you’ll get in touch with us soon if you’re interested in the new Pilot!