IIHS awards Honda Civic and Benson Honda has them
Safety standards have been raised this year for the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the Honda Civic sedan has passed with flying colors. The Honda Civic sedan earned an overall rating of GOOD, the highest possible rating, across the board. Benson Honda, the premiere Honda dealer in San Antonio, Texas, puts customer safety first and we are proud of Honda’s IIHS award.
The IIHS’ stronger testing standards come at a time when technology is advancing at lightning speeds and those advancements are being seen in new vehicles. Since its release in April, this generation of the Honda Civic breaking records with sales and continues to stay in the headlines.
The IIHS testing looks for the following ways vehicles protect occupants:
- Standard electronic stability control system.
- Best protection against front, rear and side impact crashes in addition to rollover crash performance.
The Honda Civic sedan met these requirements in the following ways:
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering body structure: Innovative engineering built into the Honda Civic has given it the ability to take a front end crash and distribute the crash’s energy more evenly, thus impacting the Civic’s occupants less.
- Airbags: Standard airbags include, side curtain, dual stage, multiple threshold front airbags, driver and passenger front side and a detection system for passenger detection.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with traction control: This standard feature works with the electronic power steering.
The 2012 Honda Civic sedans are the most fuel efficient vehicles in its class, too. The i-VTEC engine 4-cylinder engine doesn’t disappoint any driver and don’t forget about the hybrid models, too.
Benson Honda, the leading new and used car dealer in San Antonio, Texas knows Hondas and the safe, reliable ride they offer. When you’re ready to check out the 2012 Honda Civic, or any Honda, just stop out and we’ll help you!